Do I need to prepare and how can I make a good impression at my Meet and Greet?
Before the meet and greet, please read the meet and greet guide to prepare for the discussion.
You can use this guide as a checklist of discussion points during the meeting to ensure you do not forget the range of topics to discuss.
Also, ensure you do the following:
- Re-visit the client notification that was sent and research the client’s condition if you are unfamiliar with it.
- Dress appropriately and be well-groomed – we recommend dress code ‘business casual’, i.e. dressing like you are going for an interview.
- Aim to arrive 10-15 minutes early – as you may incur unexpected traffic, get lost, or not be able to find the location straight away.
- Be proactive in conversation – take a strengths-based approach. Focus on the person, their interests, and how you can support them to achieve their goals
- Speak to all members of the family if they are present
- Prepare a short 1-minute spiel about yourself, your interest in working with the family and all your relevant skills and experiences.
- Thank the client and/or their family for their time