- Use pronouns within directions.
- Following 2 step directions
- Giving 2 step directions.
- Building understanding about personal belongings.
- Cut out the pictures of the two characters, as you do so, talk explicitly about what the characters names are and what their pronouns are.
- Cut out the pictures of the objects.
- Go through the objects, with each object asking who it is for or who it belongs to.
Reinforce correct uses of different pronouns through repetition e.g “oh the bag is for Stacy, I will give the bag to them, its their bag.”
- Gather pictures of two characters that the child likes. It is best if you can choose characters with different pronouns e.g him and her, or them, him and her. Print these off.
- Pictures of common objects/item. See classroom flashcards pdf.